12 Apr 2012

On Tour with Heath Reed

Hi my name is Heath Reed and I have been a member of the Australian PGA since 2003.

I moved to Redland Bay January 2012 and have played and practice at Redland Bay for a number of years. I am very proud to call it my home course and plan to live here for a long time.

My Career Highlights are

2008 South Australian PGA
2011 Lea Open (PNG)
2012 Lea Open (PNG)
16 PRO AM Wins (QLD,ACT,WA,SA,VIC)

Playing the 3rd round of the Australian PGA with Bubba Watson.

I am currently on the One Asia and Australian Tour. I plan to write a small summary of my life on tour quarterly for the Redland Bay Golf Club Blog.

January Highlights

Quite month only a few events but the highlights were playing with Peter Lonard the last 2 round of the Victorian PGA. It was great to watch how he conducted himself on the course and the professional manner he approached every aspect of his game. I finished 22nd with 72,68,69,71 4 under par.

The other was having a chance to Qualify for this years British Open played at Kingston Heath. I was coming 3rd after the first round with a 2under 70 but had 76 in the second round playing in the strongest winds I have ever played in finishing 12th with only the top 3 qualifying.

February Highlights

Taking 6 members of Redland Bay and a Kiwi to tackle the sand belts of Melbourne. We played Woodlands, Southern and Yarra Yarra with Tony De Luca winning the event. It was a great trip with good weather the boys really enjoyed the experience of playing the sandbelts.

Steve Cairns caddied for me at Towoomba in the QLD PGA and I was coming 3rd after the first round with a 4 under 68 but faded away toand due to bad weather the event was shortened to 3 rounds leaving Steve and I playing lots of chess on a large board they had in the club house. Wasn't the most exciting weekend and eventual I finished 42nd on even par.

Royal Pines Pro Am was my best golf for the month finishing 6th with scores of 66,70,69 totaling 11under par.

Other Results for Feb
Victoria PGA  M/C
Lakelands Pro Am 2nd with 5 under 67.

March Highlights

Conducted another trip to Melbourne with 6 Redland Bay members and a good friend from Rockhampton who took them all to the cleaners winning the event. Once again the course were fantastic and a good time had by all.

Played in the NZ PGA at the Hills course in Queenstown. The course was fantastic and the weather was perfect. My scores we erratic with 74,70,77,69 finishing 49th two over par.

Quite time of the year for me as my main events are from September through to December.

My schedule for the next 3 months is of to PNG for the Lea Open 100k and PNG Open 130k (Port Moresby) leaving April 23rd. Hoping I can win my 3rd Lea Open in a row and win the PNG open after finishing 2nd last year.

Then of to the QLD mining towns in May for six two round events each around 20k over 3 weeks. 

Heath Reed
PGA Touring Professional



1 comment:

  1. These types of members along with a colleague coming from Rockhampton that required them towards cleansing agents earning case.Golf trips

    ReplyDelete